Chainsaws have become the need of nearly every homeowner – it helps you to maintain a better presentation of your backyard and gardens. Among a bunch of chainsaw brands, only a few of them are truly worthwhile, and Poulan is one of them. So, if you have a Poulan chainsaw, you should be happy about your choice – however, you may have some questions related to your chainsaw; especially, if you bought it only a few days before. Being a new user, you may not be aware of its use, so I will tell you about starting of a Poulan Chainsaw, and what you can do when it doesn’t start even after multiple attempts.
It is necessary to master the use of a chainsaw before you start using it. Though there are different types of chainsaws such as gas-powered chainsaws, battery-powered chainsaws, and electric chainsaws – however, care is unavoidable to using all types of chainsaws.
So, if you have a Poulan chainsaw, you must learn to start and use a Poulan chainsaw to ensure your security. Before I put a detailed guide on starting procedure of your Poulan chainsaw, let me tell you about the safety precautions.
- Wear helmet
- Use googles
- Put on gloves
- Safety booths
- Never wear loose cloths
Having ensured your safety, you can start working with your Poulan chainsaw.
Table of Contents
- Uses of Poulan Chainsaw
- How to Start a Poulan Chainsaw 2023 – Detailed Guide
- Basic Guide to Start Your Poulan Chainsaw
- How to Keep Your Poulan Chainsaw Safe?
Uses of Poulan Chainsaw
Commonly, the Poulan chainsaw is used for lambing, felling, and bucking.
Bucking is a term referred to the removal of trunks or logs.
Felling is referred to as a process of chopping a fine tree into small woods that can be used in certain projects.
While lambing is a process in which shrubs and bushes are removed from the tree.
How to Start a Poulan Chainsaw 2023 – Detailed Guide
Now, you are well aware of the uses of the Poulan chainsaw and the safety precautions that must be adopted before working with it. When it comes to starting your Poulan chainsaw, make sure that you turn ON engine oil, bar, and chain oil, and read the user manual thoroughly.
Following are important instructions to follow before you start your Poulan chainsaw;
1. Thoroughly Read the User Manual
When you buy your chainsaw, you get a user manual in the packing of your chainsaw. Make sure that you thoroughly read the user manual provided with the chainsaw. In the user manual, you will find expert opinions from seasoned users of chainsaws. At the same time, the user manual will also tell you about detailed safety precautions.
2. Inspect Fluid System and Brake
Check if both the throttle and chain brake are locked or not. If they aren’t locked, lock them – brake is the most important factor that protects the user from a collision. Secondly, do have a look at the fluid level; otherwise, the chainsaw may stop while you are working with it. It should also be ensured that nothing comes in contact with the kickback zone of the chainsaw.
3. What If Your Poulan Chainsaw Wouldn’t Start?
When you would have used your chainsaw for an extended period, you may notice that your chainsaw isn’t working perfectly, or it is creating a problem in starting. It is a common thing that isn’t associated with something serious. You just need to give your chainsaw a few minutes to relax, and you will be able to start it again with ease.
Basic Guide to Start Your Poulan Chainsaw
After ensuring the above-mentioned instructions, you can bring yourself to more ease following the given steps;
- Look for the starting mechanism of your chainsaw – it may have rope to get started or it may be switch-based chainsaw. You may need to pull the rope or push the starting button twice or thrice to start it. Meanwhile, there shouldn’t be air in fuel line.
- Poulan chainsaw works the best with 2-cycle oil. If you have gas-powered chainsaw, there should be an appropriate mixture of gas with oil.
- While starting your chainsaw, don’t stand right before the chainsaw; instead, it is better to stand aside. And do not start cutting from the height above your shoulder.
How to Keep Your Poulan Chainsaw Safe?
Before you store your chainsaw after using it for a considerable period of time, follow the given points – these will help you maintain the health of your Poulan chainsaw for an extended period of time.
- Before storing your chainsaw, remove the protective cover and clean the whole chainsaw using brush. Get the air filter out, and rinse it well in soapy water. Clogged filter can affect the performance of carburetor which ultimately affects the performance of chainsaw.
- Drain the fuel out from the fuel tank, and do not let any amount of fuel stay in the carburetor.
- Sharpen the teeth of your Poulan chainsaw chain frequently – they might get dull with time.
- Take care about the lubrication of bar and chain. If there isn’t enough amount of lubrication, your chainsaw will not work perfectly.
Poulan is one of the leading brands that manufacture quality chainsaws. However, care becomes necessary when it is about using a power tool like chainsaw. Remember that your safety is the most important thing while working with the chainsaw – take all instructions serious, and do not try to do adventures with it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Can’t get my Poulan chainsaw started?
There can be many potential reasons due to which your chainsaw doesn’t start. To fix this problem, clean the air filters of your chainsaw, and there shouldn’t be air in fuel lines. Still, it doesn’t start, check its spark plug, and do analyze fuel in combustion chamber.
Q2. How do you start a Poulan 2250 chainsaw?
Poulan 2250 has a rope used to start it. Pull the rope 4 to 5 time unless the chainsaw is warm enough to start. Keep pulling the rope unless your chainsaw gets start.
Q3. Why is my Poulan chainsaw is hard to start?
Your Poulan chainsaw can be hard to start due to multiple reasons; the carburetor can be clogged, chainsaw can be flooded, air filter can be blocked and etc. To start your chainsaw smoothly, you first need to know about problem associated with it. Once you know the problem, you can solve it to start your chainsaw.